50 Business Ideas from Thinkers50 (Knowledge Day)
12. November 2020
50 Business Ideas from Thinkers50 mit Peter Fisk, Professor (IE), Autor & Thinkers50 Global Director
The Next Agenda for Business Leaders
What are the best new approaches to leading and managing business? Many of the techniques in business are past their sell by date. They were fit for a stable, analogue world, but not for markets that are digital, complex, dynamic and uncertain.
Thinkers50 brings together the world’s best thinkers in business, from academics and authors, entrepreneurs and global leaders. The latest ranking sees many new names – and fabulous new ideas – for business leaders to learn from.
Peter Fisk, makes sense of their best concepts, adding in the ones that endure, and others that come from elsewhere, from practitioners, consultants and more. Together he brings together the world’s top 50 business concepts of 2020, launching it for the first time at this GERBUS Knowledge Day in Hamburg.
He will explore the new “blue ocean” leadership of Chan Kim and Amy Edmondson’s “fearless” organisations, how to “see around corners” with Rita McGrath and why Andrew McAfee believes “less is more”, why Eric Ries has established the “long term stock exchange” and how Alex Osterwalder helps
you to build “the invincible company”.
“We live in an ideas’ world, and we win in an ideas economy. Competitive advantage is about out-thinking the competition – making sense of the future, shaping it to your advantage, and executing better and smarter than others. Ideas are the fuel of a digital world. They accelerate talent, performance and progress.”
So what are the new ideas to win in today’s fast and dynamic world of Asian renaissance, entrepreneurial supremacy, social conscience and intelligent machines?
- Overview of the latest and new ideas in management thinking
- Which are they, why – and to whom – are they relevant?
- How do they relate and connect – also to your business?
- What is driving the change that we see?
- How can you apply these ideas for yourself and your company?
GERBUS Knowledge Days – Agenda
8.30 – 9.00 Arrival & Registration
The Power of Ideas: Creating a new agenda for business leaders
- What is the new agenda for business?
- We explore 5 themes that are changing your world (from the new megatrends to the rise of Asian power, business as a platform for good to self-organising companies, and how to be a farsighted leader)
- And what can we learn from 5 extraordinary business leaders (Tan Le, Ilkka Paananan, Wang Xing, Anne Wojcicki and Satya Nadella)?
Ca. 12.30 – 13.15 Lunch, Networking & Reflection
Ideas into Action: 50 best concepts for business leaders
- The world’s 10 best ideas about strategy and growth
- The world’s 10 best ideas about customers and marketing
- The world’s 10 best ideas about innovation and creativity
- The world’s 10 best ideas about organisation and change
- The world’s 10 best ideas about leadership and performance
Conclusion: The ideas to drive your business
- Which ideas matter most? What do they mean for you and your business?
- How will you apply them, and get started?
- What’s our next agenda?
Wrap Up & Goodbye (latest at 18.00)
Coffee breaks – morning & afternoon included
Peter Fisk is a global business thought leader on leadership, growth and innovation. He is a bestselling author, expert consultant and keynote speaker, helping business leaders to develop innovative strategies for business and brands.
He is a professor at IE Business School where he is Academic Director of their flagship executive leadership program and is Thinkers50 Global Director.