Platform Business Model Revolution
6. Juni 2019
mit Simon Torrance, Autor & World Economic Forum Digital Platforms & Ecosystems Executive Working Group Member
How to create and implement a platform strategy that transforms your business model for the digital economy.
Profits in traditional sectors are shrinking as digitization accelerates and competition increases. But new growth opportunities are emerging for traditional businesses and established companies who can create bold new strategies. Incorporating platform and ecosystem thinking is key to this.
Today the most valuable companies in the digital economy, and the majority of ‘Unicorn’ start ups operate business models based on platforms and ecosystem management. Few traditional companies have been able to replicate their success even though, in principle, they have the assets to do so.
Although dominantly related to “newcomers”, like Amazon, Alibaba and Facebook, a platform strategy option is no longer reserved for the big few. On this GERBUS Knowledge Day, we will explain why and how traditional companies can transform their business models with a platform and ecosystem strategy.
- How do platform business models work to create new value and why are they so powerful?
- (How) can traditional companies transform their business models?
- What are the 10 platform strategies and which to adopt
- What are the options for implementing platform strategies: build, buy, partner?
- What are the practical opportunities to leverage new technologies like AI and Blockchain?
- What are the 5 practical steps to RENEW your organisation’s business model and make it fit for the digital economy?
GERBUS Knowledge Days – Tagesprogramm
8.30 – 9.00 Arrival & Registration
The Platform Business Model Revolution
- How platform business models work and why they are so powerful
- Best case studies from Europe, US, Asia, Africa, S.America: different sectors
Platform Business Strategy Options
- The 10 platform strategies and which to choose
- The 5 steps to RENEW transform your company’s business model
12.30 – 13.15 Lunchbuffet & Networking
The Platform Business Canvas Model
- Work through a platform canvas on a market opportunity
- How to create a ‘business model portfolio’
Roadmap for Transformation
- Options for implementation: build, buy, partner
- Update on latest technologies (AI and Blockchain)
Wrap Up & Good Bye (latest at 18.00)
Coffee breaks – morning & afternoon included